Unreal Engine 5 System Requirements
Unreal Engine 5 is the best graphics engine for creating 3D environments. Functions such as Lumen, Nanite or Chaos allow us to reach new heights of realism in video games, cinema or virtual architecture (ArchViz). Regarding video games, Epic Games’ engine makes video game development easier and more powerful than ever.
Do you know the best part? Unreal Engine 5 is free! Any user can install it and benefit from its top-class features. Well, almost anyone. Your computer must meet some minimum requirements to use Unreal Engine 5.
Unreal Engine 5 minimum requirements on Windows
- Operating system: Windows 10 64-bit
- Processor: Quad-core Intel or AMD 2.5 GHz or superior
- Memory: 8GB RAM
- Graphics Card: Any DirectX 11 or 12 compatible card
Unreal Engine 5 minimum requirements on Mac
- Operating system: macOS Monterrey
- Processor: Quad-core Intel 2.5 GHz or superior
- Memory: 8GB RAM
- Graphics Card: Any Metal 1.2 compatible card
Unreal Engine 5 minimum requirements on Linux
- Operating system: Linux distributions starting with CentOS 7.x
- Linux kernel: kernel 3.x or newer
- Extras: glibc 2.17 or newer
Even if you meet these minimum requirements, be careful, though. There is a difference between what you need to run Unreal Engine 5 on your computer and the recommended requirements to create a video game. If you want to take full advantage of features like Lumen and Nanite, this is what the team at Epic Games recommend on the official website.
Unreal Engine 5 recommended requirements according to Epic Games
- Operating system: Windows 10 64-bit (Version 20H2)
- Processor: Six-Core Xeon E5-2643 @ 3.4GHz
- Memory: 64 GB RAM
- Internal storage: 256 GB SSD
- External Storage: 2TB SSD
- Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER
- External tools: Xoreax Incredibuild (Dev Tools Package)
How to download Unreal Engine 5 for free?
Unreal Engine 5 is available for free from Epic Games’ official website. In its 5.02 version, the Unreal Engine 5 folder demands nearly 115 GB of storage.
You will only have to pay 5% in royalties if you release a video game using Unreal Engine 5 and earn more than one million dollars.
Need help with Unreal Engine 5?
If you do not have the team to develop video games with Unreal Engine 5 but want to create one, we at Catness Games can help you. We have been working with outsourced Unreal Engine games for almost a decade. In addition, we use the latest version of the engine to offer cutting-edge results.
Contact us and send us your idea. We will evaluate it, contact you and do our best to reach an agreement. If it is Unreal, we make it real!